Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PINK

I don’t remember if pink was a trend/popular color when I was in the states, it’s not something I’d pay attention to, but here pink is everywhere! Not only the little girls or the women, pink is worn by all. And I’m not only talking pink button-ups or pink ties, the men and boys are wearing pink hats and carrying pink backpacks. They wear “I am a princess” shirts and “This girl’s got ATTITUDE” shirts. There are also the collared shirts that have Best Buy or LOWES or other random labels on them that they wear. I think my favorite was a Trojan condom t-shirt my ped director wore when we met the Ministry of Education, or the Santa sweater (yes, one of those big puffy tacky Christmas sweaters with bells and pompoms) the director of my school wore last month (July) to an important meeting. I understand why she wore it, it was cold, but I definitely got a chuckle out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment