Sunday, August 7, 2011

3rd Year

It's official, I'm staying a third year. So exciting! I've been looking into different options for my future for almost a year now- several of the options included staying in Moz, and I was about to get a job (still as a Peace Corps Volunteer) working on secondary projects, aka I wont be teaching. I'll be working on youth projects like REDES, JOMA (a club for girls and boys), English theatre, Science fair, and several others. I'll be working towards sustainability of the projects and setting solid long term goals. This means I'll no longer be national coordinator of REDES (or any group for that matter) but I'll have my hand in all the projects. Plus I get to move to a new site, make new friends, see new places, and live with one of my best friends, Scooter. It's going to be an interesting and eventful year :)
I am coming back to the states for just over a month for the holidays- also exciting!! I'm looking forward to mirco-brew beer, sushi, mexican food, sleeping long hours in a mosquito net-less, comfortable bed, and of course lots and lots of face time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment