Monday, April 8, 2013

Beautiful Lisbon

My time here has been spent wandering around town and getting lost. Saturday I walked a fair amount- metro to dinner to apartment to bar to another bar to home.  We got somewhat lost on our way to the bar, winding our way through the alleys, and it was quite enjoyable. The streets are narrow with cobblestone and the buildings are covered in beautiful tile work.  The colors are yellow and blue and each window has a little balcony, typically with flowers on them.   Yesterday my new friend and I walked for hours around town, came across outdoor markets and giant squares, did some people watching, and ate and drank delicious food.  Today I´ve been on my own, getting lots through the winding streets. I had no idea how hilly the town was! My legs are going to be sore tomorrow... Lisbon is just so beautiful and calm and laid back. The people are friendly and helpful. The buildings are so colorful and well maintained. Everything is so clean and everyone is so put together.  I know that´s normal, but for some reason it´s taking a little time for me to get used to. Portugal seems to be the forgotten sister of Europe, but what a wonderful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment