Thursday, November 7, 2013

Baby on Board

So, this happened a few weeks ago but I’ve been busy.  And I need to share…

I was in a rickshaw on my way to work when we pulled to a stop at an intersection.  A few feet to my left, sitting on the curb were a few women, a few babies, and several cows.  People (and cows) are always at this corner, so I typically smile and head-bobble.  This morning, however, after my smile, I received a visitor at the rickshaw.  A woman walked up, showed me her two month old baby, and handed her to me.  Let me at this moment remind you I am in a temporarily stopped vehicle.  So, I take the baby, smile, kiss her forehead, and try to give her back, but her mom walks away.  That’s when my oblivious-to-the-situation driver (or driver-who-was-trying-to-alarm-the-white-girl) drives off.  We take a left at the intersection as I’m screaming “BUS BUS BUS BUS BUS BUS!!!” (STOP!) Thankfully we hadn’t gone more and a few yards before we stopped, he laughed, I got out, identified the baby’s mother, and gave her back.  This whole ordeal didn’t last for more than 30 seconds, maybe less, but I really thought for a moment there I was going to unwillingly adopt an infant.  Thankfully that was not the final outcome J

2 comments:

  1. E putugal que do que? E o mesma merda e pior povo no mundo! E verdade e verdade amigos! Ler meu blog pa mais informaciao, obrigado amigos meus (L)(L)(L)

    Ahhhh putugal, putugal, putugal! Sempre, sempre, sempre chorando e chorando e chorando e chorando por tudo, sempre! Tudo mundo sabe que putugal e o pior merda no mundo, tudos! E mais na palavra "luso' e uma invencao! Tudo nossa historia e fenotipo e Cigano e Arabe. Nao somos lusos. E mais, e melhor que tudo putugal sei uma provincia do Espanha e pronto!

    E nao trabalhos, sempre ficar nas sopas dos pobres tudos dias. Putugal e em estado do merda e nao fix. E verdade e verdade amigos. Esperamos que um tipo de mudança positiva aconteça em Putugal, pois mais de 50% da população, por necessidade, tem que ir às sopas dos pobres para comer. E também, uma melhora no crescimento dos empregos, já que eles estão no país. Por esta razão, muitas pessoas já vão para suas ex-colônias para buscar uma vida melhor e não retornam. Putugal está realmente atolado na merda e ninguém quer fazer nada sobre o assunto. Eles preferem viver em mentiras, o que é isso?

    *Portugal started the Slave trade in 1441 and killed millions of blacks and enslaved the rest. Don't do business with portugal, don't visit there. It is NOT safe for black people. Be careful friends!

    ReplyDelete