Thursday, December 17, 2009

Suprise!

Fun fact about me new house- my porch shocks people. There must be some loose wiring under my house because randomly if someone steps on my stoop they get a surge of electricity running though them. This fact was first discovered when Telma and Carlota (my two women colleagues) were helping me clean my house and Telma couldn’t leave the porch because every step she took she got shocked. We gave her some flip flops and she was fine. Two days ago the same thing happened to me- I could feel the electricity through my feet and into my legs. So strange! Well, yesterday, these two little girls kept estou pediring me (“estou pedir” means “I’m asking”- it’s almost like begging here) yet I couldn’t tell them no because I don’t know Changana yet. They decided to get closer and estou pedir from my porch- they both got shocked. Not bad, but enough to scare them and make them question if they really want to get close to the new crazy Americans house. Maybe I’m a witch? They don’t know what happened. Needless to say, I’ve had less visitors to my front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment