Friday, February 5, 2010

I feel loved

I find myself looking forward to standing under the tree and listening to my students sing. What an amazing thing to teach the young kids. I’m sure they don’t see it as impressive, but I can tell by the way they sing their anthem how much pride they take in their country.
Ok, so week two over and done with. I’m still alive! Actually this week was pretty easy- I don’t have but two classes on Tuesday (compared to my ten on Monday or eight on Thursday) and Wednesday was Heros day in Mozambique so we didn’t have school. It was a weekend inside my week. I’ve gotten a bit better at teaching to the students that don’t know how to form a sentence in English. I’ve decided an entire trimester of review is not going to be the worst thing for anyone. Everyone needs review now and again, and if they haven’t learned it before than hopefully I’ll cover the important information sufficiently. I have a LONG way to come as a teacher, but it’ll come.
I have a kitty! I call her Lucy- she’s only about 4 or 5 weeks old so she’s still tiny! The first few days her hell because she didn’t eat and she cried constantly, but after she got a little more used to me it got easier. As my own mother pointed out, she’s imprinted on me, which is both adorable and annoying. She follows me around the house, constantly underfoot, and always wants to be touching me. She cries when I leave the room until I come back or she follows and finds me. She sleeps often, but always on me. For example, right now she’s lying on my chest asleep. It’s unbelievable how much heat a tiny little thing can give off. She still doesn’t like to eat except from my plate, which is getting annoying. And she LOVES to climb my mosquito net- inside and out. I regularly wake up with a kitty dangling above my head. Right now it doesn’t scare me too much because she can’t weigh more than 4 ounces but it might be different once she grows. As of now I’m more worried of my cockroaches eating her than the other way around.
Funny things- There’s a one-footed chicken that walks by my house everyday around 6pm. I’ve gotten used to watching her hobble by. My friend the duck continues to circle my house, usually between four and eight times each day. I saw a duck the other day that not only had duck babies but also chicken babies. I’m wondering if the eggs got mixed up somehow? It was pretty adorable- they seemed to waddle just like little ducks. I cannot count the number of times I’ve been asked if I am married or have a boyfriend. The newest question is how many boyfriends do I have. Today two different people- correction, students- asked me to marry them. Another student told me he loved me. What a day

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha Anna you're just getting all the boys arent you. Hey! Post pictures of the kitty :D

    I Love you Anna, I can't wait to see you on christmas!

    ReplyDelete