Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tests

This past week I gave my first text- was a train wreck!! It was simple- how to conjugate a verb in past tense, how to compare and contrast using and…both or …but…, how to organize a sentence (I walk to school, not school walk I to)- yet my 12th graders scored an average of 8 out of 20. A little disheartening, but I’m telling myself it’s only because the test was a new format for them, and also I controlled the text with eagle eyes and nobody had a chance to cheat  I actually did find one cabula, aka cheat sheet, but not until after my very last class for the day. I took it but I couldn’t tell who it actually belonged to. Oh well. So, I’ve been correcting papers for the last three days- 350 students whose penmanship you can’t read gets a little tough. All you other teachers out there, parabens and boa sorti with your classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment