Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sleepover!

Jenna and Valerie finally came to visit me this weekend, and what a fun time! I know I love to have my own space and I’m so thankful I’m at site by myself, but I hadn’t realized how lonely I was until I had people here with me. They came walking up to my house at the end of daycare time, when I had ten or so kids drawing on my porch, so they got a very exciting welcome to the neighborhood. Other than feeling like we were on exhibit in a zoo, things were pretty calm. We had originally planned on digging my machamba on Sunday, but because I’m still waiting for a gate to close my new fence, we decided to wait until I can keep goat, ducks, kids and chickens off my space. Good company, relaxing weekend- wonderful. Not only did I have friends over, but said friends brought me bananas, eggplant, cheese and wine. Goddesses. We made eggplant parmesan (with Gouda- parm is impossibly expensive. Care package?), drank our wine, woke up and made french toast, and I convinced them to stick around for grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. It was the most decadent and delicious weekend I’ve had since arriving at site. I’m looking forward to their next visit, even if it’s another 3 or 4 months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment