Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lemon and guava and mango OH MY!

I'm not used to having to many fruit trees in my yard! Guava, mango, papaya, lemon - It's wonderful- at any time of the day I can walk outside and grab a snack, or fresh juice to use in tea. I've been on a lemon kick lately- lemon juice goes in EVERYTHING!

Several of the neighbor kids come by just about every day to ask to pick from our "peara" tree (a guava tree from what I'm told). They know the drill- I come out, grab hold of Amenduim, open the gate, and the kids get one minute to gather as much fruit as possible. The second or third time they came to the house, I heard one little boy tell a girl "we only get one minute! move fast!" They fill their pockets, turn their shirts into bags, and hit up as many trees as posible. Yesterday there were three kids in a tree at once, grabbing at fruit, shaking branches. They're pretty amusing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment