Monday, March 11, 2013

Beer!!

At a going away party/happy hour on Friday, I met a couple that works for Peace Corps here in Morocco.  They are both RPCVs themselves and just wonderfully fun people.  On Sunday, the families got together for the afternoon- kids outside playing, moms drinking wine, and dads brewing beer. I mostly stuck with the guys (and the beer).  Steve has been home brewing since I've known him, but this my first time going from start to finish with him in the first phase of brewing.  We made a brown nut ale, which I'm pretty excited about.  Plus I was able to spend a lot of time talking about Peace Corps with our new friend.  I've really missed my Peace Corps family!!! And even though this couple was in PC over 10 years ago, I still feel a connection to them.  That's just how it is with PC- different generations, different countries, it doesn't matter, you're family.  I'm looking forward to meeting more people in the PC community here in Morocco.

No comments:

Post a Comment