Friday, March 1, 2013

Week One


The house is pretty much empty during the day- the girls at school and the parents at work.  That's left me with lots of time to read, nap, internet, nap some more, and try to brush up on my French.  The woman who works in the house doesn't speak much English, so I've been trying to practice my French with her, but all that ever comes out is Portuguese! I keep telling her, "I really did speak French! I promise it will come back!" I think I'm saying that more for my benefit than hers at this point.  Regardless, I understand everything she says just can't find the words to respond. Instead I stand there and stammer or mumble or open my eyes real big and open my mouth, like that will make the words come.  Yeah, I'm getting a bit frustrated.  And my brain hurts.  But it will come...

1 comment:

  1. We almost moved to Morocco and the thing I would have liked most was to be able to speak French! I'm sure it's crazy hard to go back to French from Portuguese, but I'm super jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete