Sunday, February 24, 2013

Morocco

I made it to Morocco! But let me rewind...
My last two weeks in India were wonderful! I went back to Bombay after Udaipur and once again got caught up in the restlessness and vivacity that is the city- the fast pace, brilliant colors, overwhelming scents, endless restaurants, perpetual parties, and constant entertainment.  I spent some more time at the brewery, watching everything fall into place for their grand opening.  The cooks made it their personal mission to make sure I ate at much food as I possibly could before I burst, each day. Lucky me I was around while they were trying out all the potential menu items!! On my last night, The Barking Deer had their first official tasting, so we had a table of 10 people attempting to eat everything on the menu.  I swear, they practically had to roll me out of that place. It was amazing.
It was hard to say goodbye to India. I really fell in love with the country.  I have no doubt that I’ll be back before too long.  Plus when I come back, The Barking Deer will be up and running in full swing, and will finally have delicious craft beer!!
I left India in true Indian fashion- a few hiccups and some frustration but help from strangers and smiles.  My rickshaw driver finally admitted after ten minutes that he didn’t know where the airport was, so I got out and finally tracked down a cab that would take me during rush hour on a Friday.  Once at the airport I was forbidden to enter the airport due to a lack of printed ticket, so I was shuffled to another terminal, then another.  Finally I found a man who decided I was not trying to trick anyone and he printed out my boarding pass inside, returning it to me to allow me entrance.  At security, they found something in my bag suspect, and took about 25 minutes going through my things, in the end finding nothing.  By the time I made it to the gate, I was the last one to board the bus, but hey, I made it!  I didn’t expect anything less from India ;)

My arrival in Morocco was everything I could have hoped for!  Tara and Steve both met me just outside baggage claim with huge hugs.  Even though I was an hour and a half late, they waited patiently and never waned in their enthusiasm to see me.  The ride from Casablanca (where I landed) to Rabat (where they live) was full of catching up and soaking up my first views of Morocco.  It was so much greener than I was expecting!  I was expecting desert and sand, not green rolling hills.  We swung by the market to get food (because they know how much I like to eat) then headed home.  Upon arrival in the house I was BOMBARDED by the girls, and it was fantastic!!  Hugs and giggling and more hugs and lots of love.  I’m so excited to catch up on everyone’s lives and share what I’ve been up to in the six months we’ve been apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment