Thursday, October 29, 2009

I’d like to dedicate this blog entry to my two year bag. I miss you.

For anyone readying this who’s done Peace Corps recently (because probably things have changed over the years) you understand my longing for my two year bag. So, how this works is I was allowed to pack two bags to bring to Africa, with a combined weight of 80 pounds. I was told one of these bags I’ll have with me throughout training but I won’t have access to the other until after I swear in in December. Little did I know how infamous this “two year bag” would become. I did a great job of packing a variety of clothes and shoes in the bag I have with me now so I have no complaints there. However, I find myself finishing sentences with “oh yeah I have one of those… in my two year bag” or “I need my (insert any item here) … in my two year bag.” It seems like all the little things that would make my life just a bit easier I remembered to pack… in my two year bag. And by no means am I the only one. We’ve decided swearing in isn’t only going to be exciting because we get to go to site and start working, but it’ll be like Christmas morning getting to open our two year bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment