Thursday, November 12, 2009

Site Visit

This past weekend we went on site visit, which was such a fabulous break and an exciting experience! I went up to Inhanbane province to visit a Moz 12 English teacher (I’m Moz 14 if I haven’t yet made that reference- we’re the 14th group to come to this country). We had a blast! The first day was spent traveling and then relaxing on the beach. The next few days were spend exploring the site of the volunteer I was visiting and learning about her job, her school, her home, how she got water to her house (because, of course, no running water here), where she goes to buy food… all the necessities. Her site was beautiful- right on the water, coconut and mango trees everywhere, sand roads, beautiful starry nights. It was all wonderful. I took my first bath outside- that was interesting. Me with my bucket and a head lamp in the backyard under the stars- what a site. At least the water was warm. It was a nice break from training and the constant work and activity that goes on here. My Portuguese definitely suffered a bit but I’m sure I can make that back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment