Friday, November 13, 2009

Storms Away!!

I’m currently sitting through a lightning storm that’s been going on for about five hours at this point. It’s crazy! Growing up I didn’t experience many thunder storms but I absolutely love them (unless I’m trying to get home and scared of being hit by lightning- otherwise they’re great). It was an interesting walk home from Lisa’s house this evening- the lightning had started but for the time being the rain had slowed so I tried to get home quickly. I saw my first snake!! Scary when it’s pitch black outside and the only lights are my head lamp and flashes from the sky, and here goes a snake across the road in front of me. Thankfully he didn’t notice me and just continued on his way. When I got home, I walked into my room and was greeted by a frog that proceeded to jump around my room and hide under my bed. My host brother and sister found it hilarious that I was anything but happy to have a new friend. After the fiasco of getting him out of my room was over, I started to patch up my windows so water doesn’t come in tonight. More fun times. The rain has been coming down!! And lightning is lighting up my room which is pretty cool. It’s almost like a strobe light there’s so much. Thankfully I don’t have a tin roof like most other PCTs- it makes it tough to sleep when the rain is coming down this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment