Thursday, January 14, 2010

Change in Address!






I’ve added my new address for mailing letters- they’ll get to me a bit faster (hopefully). If you decide, out of the goodness of your heart ;), that you want to send a package, send it to the (new) Maputo address on this blog, that way I don’t have to deal with customs. Not sure if I’ve already mentioned this, but due to Mozambican curiosity to see what’s in packages and possibly take what they like, write “jesus saves” or something along that line on the outside of the package- this seems to have helped previous volunteers. Also, when writing what’s in the package, no need to be exactly accurate on what you’re sending; it could be religious reading/teaching materials, tampons… Just an idea.

p.s. The 4:45am jog mentioned in the previous blog did not happen. I was too tired. But I did find out if I go jogging at 5 or 6pm I don’t have as much of an audience, and no livestock, just kids. And I saw another snake- huge! Practically the size of my leg! (maybe not my leg but bigger than my arm for sure). Dead but still scary. It put the garden snakes I was seeing during training to shame. I’m really hoping I don’t run in to a living one…

p.p.s The pics are old but I'm posting them! Be happy

2 comments: