Thursday, September 2, 2010

Market Day

I spent the entire day in the market this afternoon. I brought my capulana and camped out with a woman all day. The women loved having me there- they’d joke around about how horrible my Changana accent is, or how I was saying the wrong words, or how every other people that walked through the market stopped to ask why I was there. The kids loved it- they gathered around to talk to me or to ask me questions they knew I wouldn’t understand. I learned a fair amount of Changana and definitely got in a few laughs, even if they were at my own expense. It was anything but eventful, but I felt accomplished at the end of it all. I don’t know if I could spend another entire day there anytime soon, but to stop in for an hour and practice my Changana I can definitely do more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment