Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good day

Yesterday I received three phone calls from three different REDES girls!!! All three of them had been my students as well as members of my REDES group in Hokwe. It was so good to hear thier voices! They just wanted to call to say hi, to hear my voice, and let me know they were thinking of me. I miss them so much sometimes.

I traveled up to Gaza province to do some work and passes by Macia, somewhere I always used to either visit or pass through- I haven't been up here in months! A lot of feelings came rushing back. I thought about going back to Hokwe to visit my students, REDES girls, and my family, but turns out I didn't really have the time this trip. I'm hoping next week.

Another AWESOME highlight from today was running into one of my former students! Nando was one of the first people I met when I first got to Hokwe- he helped me carry in my bags, showed me the market and the school (even though both were pretty obvious), and would come sit and talk with me on my porch. Well, I was sitting outside at a restaurant in Xai Xai and he happened to be walking by. I hear "nao e! Nao e!!! Mana Ana I thought you left! What are you dong here? I haven't seen you in so long!" He ran up to me with a hug, and we caught up for a few minutes. He left my town after he graduated 12th grade and got a job working in Xai Xai, a decent sized city on the EN1. His son and wife, both of whom I loved spending time with, weren't around, but I'm hoping to see them next time I pass through.

A great day overall

No comments:

Post a Comment