Monday, February 27, 2012

Snake in the bathroom



Really, I think it's one of the last places I'd like to run into a snake. Thankfully it wasn't me who discovered him, but Scooter. We had a few fellow PCVs come stay with us in Namaacha this weekend- which was fantastic!- and yesterday evening, as we're all getting ready for bed, we heard Scooter screeching from outside "COBRA! COBRA! CORBA!" I grabbed the dog, who thankfully hadn't noticed the snake yet, and one of the boys grabbed the broom. The snake wasn't very big- a couple feet long and a nickle/quarter in width-ish- but it was bright yellow with black stripes which threw us off. Poisonous, maybe? Anyways, Scooter stayed as far from it as possible, and rather than kill it, the boys decided to play with it and piss it off, so it was hissing. When it started crawling up the wall toward it's freedom I grabbed the broom and whacked it a few times. Maybe a few too many- but I wasn't taking chances it would slither away.

No comments:

Post a Comment