Thursday, October 11, 2012

Newbies!!!

A whole new group of Peace Corps Trainees has arrived!!! Our town is now overrun with Mulungos. For example, this morning on our run, Scooter and I saw 11other Americans out running. We're taking over!!


As much as Scooter and I love each other, it's been nice to meet the new trainees and spend some time with new faces. There are several volunteers that have come from Cape Verde, where they spent one year as volunteers before being transferred here due to lack of PC work in CV, so talking to them and learning about their experiences in another country has been really interesting. It's also been fun to see how far I've come in the last three years. It's interesting to look back to when I was in their shoes, fresh into Mozambique, not knowing a word of Portuguese, not knowing how to teach, juggling new friends and new family, and struggling to get through each day. Everything was so new when I got here. I forget that sometimes (passing a goat on the street or scooping frogs off our floor to put outside just seem like daily occurrences now). I'm looking forward to spending more time with the new group- they all seem pretty amazing. And I think it'll be a great way to end my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment