Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Session time

The last few training groups that have come through I have met, but have not spend a significant amount of time with. I’ve felt a little underutilized by PC staff- not being invited to share my experiences, lead sessions, or even hang out with the trainees- considering I live in the same town as training. But this time around it’s a bit different. I’ve already developed and led several sessions!!


Yesterday was my session on Secondary Projects (aka what I’ve been doing here my third year.) I got to talking about the projects in Moz and project ideas and I caught myself talking a mile a minute. I got so excited to share what amazing things PCVs are doing throughout the country!! Considering I (along with everyone else) have been denied the opportunity to talk about secondary projects (like REDES, JUNTOS, Science Fair, English Theater, and others) during the last 4 training groups, I think I handled my bundled-up excitement and enthusiasm very well. At the end when the trainees told me it was an amazing session and super helpful, I felt pleased :)

I hope to do a bit more work with the trainees over the next 6 weeks. I feel like I have a lot of experiences to share and can be a great resource for the trainees (as well as PC staff), so I really hope it works out. For now, I’m a happy PCV.

No comments:

Post a Comment