Monday, March 21, 2011

Feb 8th

GOING NATIVE!!

Wow, so here’s my embarrassing moment of the day/ week (year? It’s still only February). So after finished doing a little yoga at my house after school, to decompress a bit from yelling at children all morning, I went outside to get some water to take a shower. Usually there’s a big line at the pump but today I was alone. It was actually kind of nice because I didn’t have to convince anyone I’m capable of pumping and carrying my own water. Anyways, I fill my 20 litre bucket and place it nicely on my head. It’s a bit heavy so I needed two hands to hold it up... Yeah, so I start walking back to my house, which honestly isn’t too far away, and I felt my shirt slipping. Nobody was around so I figured I could walk fast enough before I showed a bit too much... I was wrong. People turned the corner when I was only 20 feet from my front door. I had two options: drop the bucket and fix my top, or let it go. I’m lazy and I really didn’t want to have to pump another 20 litres. I’m in Africa, right?! Yeah, I’m glad I haven’t seen any of those neighbors again since... I think they got a little more of a show than they were prepared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment