Monday, March 21, 2011

March 20th

My REDES girls are getting so excited about our meetings- at every meeting they ask if we can have a meeting the following day because they don’t want to wait. On Thursday, they invited themselves over on Friday to make hair clips. On Friday they decided we were going to play soccer on Saturday. And on Saturday they made a meeting to talk about what we’d do for Woman’s Day, in April. They are fantastic. I really hope their enthusiasm stays strong.
The soccer game was a blast. At first I wasn’t sure how it’d work out- I had 5 girls there at first, so I had to play. And it attracted some attention, let me say. As the afternoon went on more and more girls came and played- after two hours we had 18 girls. It was so wonderful to see them having such a good time! (plus after awhile I didn’t have to play anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment