Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Zanzibar

So, day two in Zanzibar and I've already eaten my body weight in fantastic food. Oh my goodness!!! Yesterday was fresh fruit smoothies while watching sunset over the water. Last night was traditional Swahili cuisine, coconut milk King fish with lentils, sweet potatoes and calamari on the side, while sitting on the floor (PS sitting on the floor was great, except that my mom noticed the mouse running around and wasn't too excited about his company). This morning, homemade chocolate cake for breakfast (YES PLEASE!). This afternoon, street food (kinda) including coconut squid, clams, and red curry vegetables. And tonight, we went to this family's house, sat in their dining room, and ate a 7 course meal. Appetizer after appetizer of fried, stuffed goodness followed by coconut milk tuna (if you can't tell, I have a thing for coconut milk), deep fried sweet bread, and a fruit juice concoction from heaven. I thought I was going to explode. It was so delicious, I put all the sweet bread we couldn't finish into my bag so I could eat it later. Don't judge- you would've done the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment