Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'm really such a lady"

While eating lunch in Gurué, the town muluco (crazy dude) came up to us, a group of 4 PCVs and 2 REDES girls, and tried to… well really I don’t know what he was trying to do. Dance maybe. Get in our faces. Get some food.  Anyways, he was getting all too comfortable up in our personal space, so we ended up scarfing the rest of our food and getting out of there ASAP.  Meanwhile, watching the spectacle were about 15 Mozambican men, just hanging out and laughing at us.  As we walked away I gave them a piece of my mind.  I thought it was a good lecture about respect and helping represent your community, but I’m not so confident they took anything from it than a yelling Makunha (white person up here). But it made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment