Sunday, August 5, 2012

“It’s just tequila and the beach that’s why it’s salty when we kiss”






Even though I spent 4 weeks traveling throughout inland northern Mozambique, I still got a few moments of beach time. Ilha de Moçambique, where I got to spend time with not only the PCV who lives there but also visiting PCVs, was absolutely beautiful.  The town has such a different feel from the rest of the country. Plus there’s just so much history to the town.  However, I will admit, my favorite part aside from sitting and talking to a slew of crianças who followed Caitlin and I around, was the Matapa siri siri, made from seaweed and cashews. Same place Anthony Bordain came when he was in Moz.  I get it now- AMAZING!    Then beach time came in Pemba, relaxing a bit after the Science Fair competition.  And a fantastic way to close up my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment