Monday, August 27, 2012

REDES girls!!!



While in Howke I spent an hour with my old REDES group! They met me after they got out of school and we talked about everything; what they've been doing since I left, school, REDES projects, relationships, families, etc.  I could tell they were ecstatic to see me and have me back even if just for a few hours, but they were their normal, quiet selves.  There's something about girls from the bush verses girls from the city.  I've never been able to get the girls to really open up and just talk with me.  I think a lot has to do with their lack of Portuguese skills (they typically understand it but can't speak it) and for some of them the fact that they hadn't seen me in 10 months.  Regardless, it was a great time with my girls.  It made me miss my old home a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment