Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My old home





Mom and I took an afternoon trip back to my old town.  It was a quick trip but unbelievable.  We spent most of the morning with my best friend from site and her two adorable kids (whom I absolutely love).  I was sitting outside her house, talking and waiting for the kids to come back from wherever they might be. I saw the little boy turn the corner and I swear I've never seen a smile that big.  It filled my heart.  He ran over to me and lept onto me.  He's now in school so he showed me all his school work, so proud of what he was learning.  The 3 year old girl, love of my life, wouldn't leave my lap.  I was so thankful I could come back and visit with them, see them growing up, and remind them that I love them.  They are both such bright kids and have so much potential. I really hope they will be able to take advantage of any opportunities that come their way and learn to create opportunities for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment