Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cabral

At the beginning of the year, my co-worker Professor Cabral was in a fatal car accident. He didn’t die in the accident but he never came back to school and nobody ever spoke about him. I had no idea his condition until this afternoon. I saw his face and had to do a triple take. He seems to be his old self, same smile, same humor, only now he’s missing his right arm. I didn’t get a chance to talk to him because he was going into a meeting with our director but I’m so happy to see him back here and see he’s happy and healthy. (About a week after writing this originally, I found out because he lost his writing arm, he’s not able to teach, but he’ll still be working at my school, as the librarian. I’m happy he’ll be here, plus I’m happy we’ll FINALLY have a library).

No comments:

Post a Comment