Monday, June 13, 2011

Education

My REDES girls have never been very chatting. Considering they’re 13-14-15year old girls, they’re quite a quiet bunch. Today we were making earrings, listening to music, and chatting a bit, what I decided to give an impromptu lecture on myths and facts of HIV transmission. I’ve done it before with my REDES group but none of the girls today had heard the info. I was shocked at how lit up and involved they became. Usually when we talk about heavy topics they don’t speak, don’t ask questions, just kinda sit there and (I hope) soak it up. Today was completely different. They asked questions and participated in discussion. I had a lot to explain to them, and now I know we have SO much more to talk about, and I’m completely motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment