Thursday, June 16, 2011

I saw a dragon!!

I had an interesting run today. It started with a herd of children following me. I lost them after about 10 mins- I was surprised they held out so long. Almost immediately thereafter I was charged by a cow. Legitimately charged. It was a girl cow but she still had horns. I almost dove into a bush trying to get out of her path, which in hindsight was not a bright move. I kept thinking I was seeing giant bugs flying through the air (which isn’t abnormal) but once I got away from the cows and children I realized I was seeing ash falling from the sky. Off in the distance I could see smoke and I thought I’d smelled something burning, which again is not abnormal, but I thought it was strange to see all the ash floating around. About halfway through my run, over the sound of my music, I heard a rustling to my side. I looked over and I swear, it was a dragon. A komono dragon, maybe, if they have those here. Whatever it was it, was HUGE- over 4 feet long. I think I spooked him because when I stopped he stopped and we stood there for a moment- then I took off and got at least far enough away so I didn’t think he’d attack me. He was pretty- slithered along his path. I kept thinking on my way back I was going to encounter something else- bigger and scarier. Adds a whole new level of enjoyment to my runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment