Wednesday, June 8, 2011

T. I. A.

I love Maputo- warm running water showers, comfy bed, thai food, indian food, pizza, bacon cheese burgers (I like food alright!), good beer, fast internet... it's refreshing. But it's still Africa. I went into the clinic to get minor toe surgery. First, as I'm waiting in the ER, the receptionist is on her cellphone chatting up a storm as people are walking in and the phone is ringing- she couldn't be bothered. TIA. Second, I go in to get cut open and the doctor says "oh, looks like i might have trouble numbing you because of how red it is." My response- "go ahead, cut it out. I have a high pain tolerance." And he did. Apparently Africa has roughed and toughed me up a bit. But really, does skin tint have much to do with administering any sort of numbing agent? TIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment