Sunday, September 2, 2012

Casa De Mar = Paradise


sunrise

Dad’s arrival in Moz marked a new pace to the trip. We rented a car from a friend of a friend and took off to Inhambane to the beach. Mom, Dad, Scooter and I headed out and along the way we ended up picking up fellow PCVs Erin and Dylan. Getting to the beach was a bit of a challenge, due to the enormous sand dunes we has to climb, and thankfully the owners of the lodge, Mary and Des, happened to be coming back from town so they pulled us up the last giant hill.

The beach is breathtaking. Several houses tucked into the side of a hill facing the beach, nothing else is site. We literally were the only people there. Our first day at the beach consisted of sun bathing, body surfing, whale watching, beer drinking, and relaxing. Day two was a bit overcast so we spent more time playing cards and bananagrams, cooking AMAZING food (get 4 PCVs together and you can come up with some delicious dishes), napping, more whale watching, and catching up. My dad’s main goal in coming to Mozambique was to see whale sharks, so day three we took out Des’s boat to try our luck. We’d been talking to people all up and down the beach for days trying to hear any news about the whale sharks but nobody had seen them in a long time. Unfortunately we didn’t either. But we did snorkel, see whales, and watch dolphins swim with and around out boat. It was pretty great.

I think all of us needed these few days to let go, relax, and spend time with close friends and family. I loved having my parents meet my friends and I really think my friends liked my parents. This weekend was very close to perfect.

our spot






enjoying evening activities


the house = amazing!
yes, those are flamingos

No comments:

Post a Comment