Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Amazing Stories from Students

I met one of Mandy's students, and he told me about the amazing impact she's had on his life. She went to Chimoio to go hiking last year and when she came back with pictures he became so curious and motivated to travel. Earlier this year, she went back again, and this time took him along. He told me what an experience it was, to see a different part of the country and to take a journey he said he never thought he had the courage to take. He said she showed him to never underestimate himself, that he is much more independent and capable than he'd thought, and to keep trying to pushing himself because there is so much out there to see and do.


Another of Mandy's students from the sewing club, a boy, said Mandy had opened his eyes as well. He told me, “I asked Teacher Mandy to sew my uniform back together so I could wear it to school. She said 'absolutely not! You're going to learn how to do it yourself.'” I asked the boy if it was easy- “So easy! And it sort of made me realize that there are a lot of little easy things I can do that I had never really thought about. I'm going to keep trying new things- I like it.” Mandy, you're AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment