Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tete

What a beautiful province!! Looking at a map of Moz, it's the north western chunk of the country.  It's known for its heat in the summers, and I remember during training they joked around with me, saying they send all the Alaskans to Tete, to watch them suffer (Amanda, a friend of mine from AK, did PC Moz in Tete several years back).   The drive up was beautiful, with so many mountains and rolling hills.  At times the land got really dry and barren, reminding me of Arizona.  The summers do get insanely hot (up to 50 celsius- just over 120 fahrenheit), but up in the mountains where I was visiting, it actually gets pretty chilly. Gaza province is flat and boring, I love Inhambane province, with all the beaches and coconut trees, but if I had to choose anywhere in the country to live, it would be Tete (pics to come.  Damn not having a camera!)

No comments:

Post a Comment