Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Angonia




After Tete, off to Angonia. Even more beautiful! A pain in the rear to get to, but that's almost all Peace Corps sites.  Again, the rolling hills, lush ground, big yellow flowers all over the place, and cool temperature. I visited two PCVs that live on the IFP (teacher training school) campus, and as I walked in, I did not feel like I was in Africa. Each house had a stone walkway lined with flowery bushes and archways, and a big garden out back.
I walked through town while the girls were teaching and ended up in an ENORMOUS open market. Supposedly it’s a Wednesday and Saturday market, but even on a Tuesday it was hoppin'. I found my way through rows and rows of shoes, blankets, buckets, handmade furniture, capulanas, fish, veggies, goats, and anything else you might want. And surprisingly, I didn’t get harassed the entire time I was there!! I love Angonia :)

Also, just outside their house there is a water pump, and a little boy was trying to carry water. Typical- children really don’t like to wear pants. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment