Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cape Town!!

And I'm back!!!!  There is something about this place that just keeps pulling me back.
Val and I traveled to CPT together and once here met up with 4 other PCVs and another American who was living in Moz.  Day one was pretty calm, wandering up and down Long Street, people watching, and getting over shell shock.  Things that I still can't get over: I can drink tap water, there are trash cans and clean streets, people speak English, and food option are endless.

Wine Tour- Amanda, Val, Mike and I went on a wine tour and had a blast!! The wine was great, obviously, but spending the entire afternoon with those guys was the best part.  Our tour group consisted of 12 people (a few other Americans, 3 Canadians, a South African, and a Dutch girl) and I'm pretty sure the PCVs shocked them at first, but throughout the day they warmed up to us. By the end of it we were all great friends.  And another great part- the winery I went to with my parents on my birthday we visited again!  Pierre, our wine expert, remembered me, and we spent a lot of time chatting, catching up, and drinking delicious port :)

On Amanda's last day, we spent the day together wandering around the waterfront, drinking amazing beers, and eating fresh seafood.

Cape Town is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment