Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beach number 4

Ben and I changed beaches yet again to meet up with his co-worker Raissa, from Bombay.  She's originally from here so knows the best spots to be.  We only moved a few beaches south, and it was definitely more busy but not as hippy as before.  This area is swarming with Russians! I was pretty surprised.  I'd been told it was a big Russian tourist spot, but it took me seeing it to believe it.  Most menus and signs were in Russian.  Apparently you can get a plane ticket from Moscow to Goa for like 100USD, so why not? Anyway, we met up with Raissa and her friend and went out to a live music show to watch a friend's band.  Late dinner at a Greek restaurant (fabulous!!!) and a late night out on the town.  My last few days at the beach were spent much like the first- food, drinks, lounging with my feet in the sand, and a little ocean time.
The progression of my last 2 weeks has been just about perfect.  I went from crazy overwhelming city to be myself in the middle of nowhere. From there, a super calm beach with few tourists and calm, clear waters to a more crowded, rougher ocean, then to a busy beach, intense nightlife and late nights.  From here I head off on my own again over to Hampi. I really have no idea what to expect except that everyone who's ever been there has great things to say about their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment