Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Details


It still surprises me, every day, how detailed and intricate everything is here.  Spending time at the brewery has been interesting on so many levels.  I’m able to watch the workers from one day to the next and see how things are changing.  It impresses me how much time these men spend on the smallest detail.  I watched a man weave the back of a chair with twine for hours yesterday.  The design is beautiful and detailed, yet this one chair took 2 men all afternoon to make.  The brewery will have a few hundred.  The other day I watched a man (when I say man I mean boy- almost all these men look to be about 15 years old) carve intricate patterns into the doors of the brewery. Again, for hours this man sat and carved, paying such attention to detail.  The brewery has a dozen similar doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment